Milk is regarded as a good source of essential nutrients and has been an integral component of our dietary lifestyle. Throughout generations, parents encourage drinking milk in order to enrich their calcium intake for proper bone development, but only having plain milk is not appetizing enough for many kids. Introducing chocolate milk is a good solution to encourage them to drink more due to its delicious chocolate flavor and detectable mouthfeel that will best suit their taste.
1. It is an alternative to cow’s milk if your kid has an allergy or lactose intolerant.
2. It provides same nutrients as white milk that is essential for good health.
3. It is rich in calcium which helps build bone mass, strengthen bones and prevents bone ailments, such as osteoporosis, arthritis, and tooth decay.
4. It is rich in Vitamin D which helps in the absorption of calcium, strengthens the bones, and prevents diseases.
5. It also includes potassium, protein, and vitamin A, B-6 that strengthen and increase production of new skin cells, to replace old damaged cells, while maintaining skin smoothness.
Some findings from different studies show that children who drink flavored milk have higher calcium intake than those who do not drink flavored milk. Furthermore, missing out on calcium during childhood and adolescence has a higher risk of having a low bone mineral density as an adult.
WHAT MAKES CHOCOLATE MILK MORE LIKEABLE BY KIDS AND ADULT?
It’s the body (viscosity) and creamy taste of Chocolate Milk that appeals to us, thanks to carrageenan. Carrageenan is a commonly used stabilizer in chocolate milk because of its ability to suspend cocoa powder which makes the drink homogenous. It prevents cocoa particles from settling down, as well as wheying-off during storage. It also has other health benefits. It has a good source of fiber, lowers blood cholesterol, reduces blood glucose spikes after a meal, and acts as a probiotic. Chocolate milk is a delicious snack for kids of all ages and is considered as a delectable treat even for adults. It provides them their daily needed nourishment while also enjoying a wonderful chocolaty experience.
W Hydrocolloids, Inc., a hydrocolloids manufacturer, has optimized a Carrageenan blend that specializes in Dairy Beverages: the Rico 86 Series. Aside from Chocolate Milk, it is also best for Soy Milk, HTST/Batch Processed Milk, UHT Processed, and Canned Milk. It provides high viscosity and uniform distribution of suspended solids and gives good shear stability to prevent viscosity loss for consumers’ best drinking experience.